Wednesday 1 May 2013

YWCA Awards...


In my last blog I shared with my followers my appreciation to the YWCA and all those who nominated me for a 2013 Women of Distinction Award.

However did you know that these awards are interactive and participatory? There’s a way for you to become directly involved. Not only can you vote for your individual choices in the various award categories, but with the generous sponsorship of Scotiabank, the award winner will have the option of directing a $10,000 honorarium to the YWCA program of their choice. In future blogs I will let you know which program I will be supporting and why I think this contribution would be so vital.

In my own nomination category of ‘Not for Profit and Public Service’ we have the option of supporting five categories of YWCA programs. They are: Early Learning and Childcare; Reducing Child Poverty; Safe and Affordable Housing; Health Choices for Youth; and Preventing Violence Against Women. All are worthy programs that need support.

Now it’s your turn. Visit the YWCA Women of Distinction website or the YWCA Metro Vancouver website and learn more about voting on-line. There’s an information video and background on all the nominees. Between April 24th and noon on May 17th you can vote in all categories. Let’s all get involved to make a difference for the YWCA and all of the great programs it supports.

Finally, let me know what you think. What do you think the top priority should be? Thanks again for your interest and support.

  --- Linda
  (Authorized by Kimberly Sorensen, Official Agent for the Linda Reid Campaign, 604-276-8868)

No comments:

Post a Comment